The Sports Medicine Unit of Clínica Planas has a multidisciplinary team of specialists: sports medicine, cardiologists, lung specialists, nutritionists and physiotherapists, whose objective is to assess the physical condition of the individuals or athletes, to develop a personalized protocol of activity and a regular follow-up of his/her performance to achieve an overall physical and health improvement.
Who is it aimed at?
- High-performance athletes
- Anyone interested in controlling and maintaining his/her health
- People with a family history, or carriers of any heart or vascular disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, etc.
- To assess the athlete’s physical condition
- Determination of the aptitude for sport: Protocols designed according to age and dedication to sport.
- To detect unknown heart problems that might cause disabling diseases and/or sudden death.
- To evaluate the adaptation of the cardiovascular system to the training load and prevention of overtraining.
- Prevention of the osteotendinous and muscular lesions
- To assess, treat and control pre-existing cardiovascular diseases
- To detect and control the cardiovascular risk factors
- Follow-up of the health and physical conditions
The protocol and tests to be followed to prepare a personalized program of health and physical conditions are:
- Preparation of the medical history
- General physical examination
- Nutritional assessment and anthropometric study (body mass index, body fat percentage, etc.)
- Orthopedic physical exam
- Clinical analysis
- Effort test, with or without gas analysis for determination; max. V02, aerobic-anaerobic metabolism threshold, maximum heart rate
- Color Doppler Echocardiography. It provides information on the heart structure in real time in a quick and painless way; it is very useful for detecting any heart abnormality.
Where is required we have other ways of diagnosis (ambulatory measurement of blood pressure, 24-hour electrocardiography, tilt test, computerized tomography, cardiac magnetic resonance, nuclear medicine, laboratory of electrophysiology, etc.)
- Sports-cardiology medical examination
- Nutritional advice and recommendations on the nutritional supplements or medication (ergogenic aid, no-doping substances) use.
- Issue of the medical certificate of fitness sports