Dr. Miguel Prats Esteve
Place and date of birth: Barcelona, 17th July 1943
Member number of Colegio de Médicos 4.838
He studied at the faculty of medicine of Barcelona, where he graduated with Honors in 1967 and obtained his PhD in 1973. Specialist in Surgery and Radiology
In 1975 he was appointed by sitting a competitive examination, Assistant Professor of the Universidad de Patología y Clínica Quirúrgicas.
- Chief of Surgery Section Hospital Clínico. Breast Pathology Unit Responsible, until 1999
- Founder / Director of Center for Diagnosis of Breast Diseases of Barcelona, since 1973
- Director of Breast Pathology Unit / Senology, since 1998
- He is currently Professor of Surgery (Department of Surgery and Surgical Specialties) Facultad de Medicina, Universidad of Barcelona)
Assistant Director and Professor, International School of Senology (University of Montpellier, France)
- Director of Postgraduate Courses from I to VIII of Breast Pathology (1989-2002). And from I to VI of Master in Breast Pathology and Senology (1992-2003), at Facultad de Medicina of Universidad of Barcelona.
During these courses, he has formed more than 340 specialists from Spain, Portugal and South America.
COURSES, SEMINARS, LECTURES AND CONGRESSES
- President of the Second Congress and X International Congress of Senology, held in Barcelona in 1981 and 1991 respectively
- Member of the Scientific Committee of several National and International Congresses
- He has attended and participated in numerous national and international Congresses, Courses, Symposiums, Conferences, etc.
- Several articles in national and international journals, as well as a collaborator in several books
Member of various National and International Societies
In 1980, Founder of the Asociación Española de Senología y Patología Mamaria (Spanish Association of Senology and Breast Pathology) of which he was also president until 1989
Founder and Director of the Revista de Senología y Patología Mamaria (Journal of Senology and Breast Pathology) (1987-2000)
Member of the International, Spanish and Catalan Societes of Surgery
Member of Editorial Board of Journals: Quirúrgica Española, Neoplasia, Breast Diseases, Le Sein, The Breast.
Member of the EEC / ESO Commission (European School of Oncology) for screening breast cancer in Europe
Vice President of "MANOMED", European Association for Quality Control in Teaching and Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
Named Honorary President of the International Society of Senology in 1998
Board Member of "International Association of Breast Cancer Research"
Member of the Board of International Society of Senology